Wednesday, March 6, 2013

One FABULOUS sign!

I don't quite remember how I stumbled upon the Susie Harris blog, but I DO remember exactly what caught my eye...


the yellow sign.

I loved the font, the color, Bob Marley's message - heck, just the general essence of the sign itself. And this family NEEDED this sign. So I ordered the BIGGEST one the ridiculously talented Mrs. Harris offered and it arrived on my front porch quite fast (if I do say so myself!)

Little Sidebar: I LOVE  bypassing the crowded chain stores and malls to shop the independent small businesses anyhow (especially when those items are literally made in the U.S.A.)

Our wonderful sign typically lives in the center of our family room (where we see it constantly - maybe the comforting message will seep into our subconscious?.. I hope.) This weekend I invited it to serve as a prop for a conceptual shoot.

I couldn't resist keeping the glory of that special yellow sign all to myself, either. Check out the Susie Harris blog to see some of my adventures over the weekend (I recommend scouring through her gorgeous decor and perusing her offerings - you'll drool over her creativity and attention to detail! I suspect she'd also be a ton of fun to hang out with!)
Be sure to tell her I sent you!

http://www.susieharrisblog.com/2013/03/its-no-secret-that-painting-is-huge.html


2 comments:

  1. Hey there would you mind sharing which blog platform you're using? I'm looking
    to start my own blog in the near future but I'm having a tough time deciding between BlogEngine/Wordpress/B2evolution and Drupal. The reason I ask is because your design and style seems different then most blogs and I'm looking
    for something unique. P.S My apologies for being off-topic but I had to ask!



    My site: flying Airplane games

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not sure, unfortunately. It says in the footer "Template images by Ollustrator. Powered by Bloger." Hope this helps. :)

    ReplyDelete